Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Drug Selling in Tauranga/New Zealand: Queens Birthday Experience With a Weed-Selling Maori!

First of all, my heartiest apologies to all readers who were offended by the title in any way. Second, I want to share some facts about drugs Tauranga and New Zealand. But first let's get to the story!

I'm sitting near a newly made children's play area. The Maori Guy comes and sits next to me.

Him: Hey Bro, Is this yours? Points to a catalogue
Is that normal? I mean seriously, would you go up to a random person and ask that? (It's basically worthless)
Me: No
What do you want me to say?
Him: You wanna tinny?
I have two things to say about this. First, why would you say that! Second, according to the online dictionary, a "tinny" is an adjective. According to the dictionary, a tinny is either a can of  beer or Cannabis(Illegal Substances). My stereotypical guess points towards Cannabis so I say:
Me: No
He waits a few minutes, then leaves.



Now To The Cold Hard Facts About Drugs in New Zealand...

-Drug use includes 84% of the adult population (16-64) consuming alcohol at least twice a week.
-21% describing themselves as smokers. In regards to illicit drug use, cannabis remains the most popular illicit drug with 14% of adults reporting past year use in 2007. Far fewer adults use other illicit drugs - methamphetamine use sat at around 2% in 2009, and ecstasy use at around 2.6% in 2007.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank You for commenting on TaurangaBlog. See you soon!